Two Point of Care Ultrasound Fellowship positions are available to be filled each year.
Point of Care Ultrasound
The Eisenhower Health Point of Care Ultrasound Fellowship is a one-year program providing two residency-trained physicians a well-rounded education in the field of emergency ultrasound. We offer opportunities to attend regional and national conferences and present research and lectures. Our dynamic team of ultrasound experts will aid you as you develop your CV with teaching experience, research, and organizational membership. Our goal is that by the end of the year, you will be prepared to go anywhere in the country to start and run an ultrasound program for a hospital or institution.
We offer a broad range of clinical experiences and didactic education that will prepare the fellow for an unlimited and successful career in Point of Care Ultrasound.
During your fellowship, you will work as attending physician at Eisenhower Health in Rancho Mirage, California. Our hospital is consistently one of the highest-rated hospitals in California and the #1 hospital in the Inland Empire (out of 49). You will additionally have the following fellowship experiences:
- Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE) training through a national course
- On-hands TEE experience in the operating room
- Train residents at Grand Rounds in the departments of Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Family Medicine
- Opportunity to attend local, regional, and national conferences
- Start a research project and get approved by the IRB with the goal of publishing completed research in a peer-reviewed journal
- Work with a team of five ultrasound-trained faculty members who will teach you through weekly didactics, QA sessions, and hands-on scanning
- Scanning shifts with a team of residents, medical students, and visiting rotators who are on dedicated ultrasound rotations
- Exposure to middleware solutions, administration tasks, and industry representatives
- And much, much more
Clinical time for the fellow includes the following:
- Eight 10-hour shifts each month as the attending physician in the Emergency Department
- Weekly QA, Didactics, and teaching opportunities
- One half-day scanning shift per week
- Base salary of $125,000 with the opportunity for internal moonlighting at highly competitive rates